29 May 2007

Zhong shan Park

I spent yesterday in Zhongshan Park. I plan to go back soon. It was an amzing experience. When I first entered the park I could hear old style Chinese songs being sung somewhere, and in the distance, some kind of weird Chinese-American dance music. I searched out both. In a little chinese hut surrounded by bamboo and shrubbery I've never seen before there was a group of elderly men playing old style Chinese instruments and women singing. It was... peaceful. After that I found the dance music. And what do you know, people were dancing to it. Chinese people are fun just to watch in their daily routines, but dancing... amazing. Really a sight to see. The small single fellows strolling around to the music are moving. And the 40 year old guy on roller blades in his little purple speedo and headphones was a sight to see. I heard some yelling in the distance and decided to head in that direction. As I wound through the hidden paths I came across the highlight of my day - Chinese people exercising. They call it exercise, and I suppose exercise is what you make it. The like to lift their arms in the air while walking. Also, walking backwards seems to be a popular one, and one can double the workout by swinging your arms to the front and back and clapping your hands. They like trees a lot. They like to hug them, push them, hit them, and my favorite, bump their bums against them and yell when they make contact. That was the yelling I found. Definitely some new exercises to try when I return.
Kenny bought himself a little electric moped that all the Chinese people use. It's amazing, and makes for a nice little trip to the store and back. Plus, nothing like seeing a lurpy American cruising with a helmet on. They don't wear helmets here. I don't think I've ever seen one on a Chinese person.
I ate at McDonald's yesterday. I was craving some American food and that's all that is close here, other than KFC. Gross. I'm going to stick to the Chinese food.

2 comments:

s.mouse said...

Sounds like a great day. Guess what I did? I went to work. Not just to work - to Excel. Jealous much? The park sounds like a great time.
...I think that's the first you've mentioned Kenny other than the picture you posted.
Hmmm... McDonalds - in China.

inanechatter said...

Lol! I can't wait to see you trying your new exercises especially the bum bumping yelling one. Sounds like a good time.