25 May 2007

Finally some pictures.

I found out that the bakery across from our apartment has wireless, so I can finally post some pictures. YES!
In no order because I don't really like this blogger picture post thing.

Mountain!

Funny.

This is just an example of what much of the climb is like.
This is Patrick and his wife Little Rain. I stayed with them out in Xi'an.

View in the morning of the sunrise. The locks and red cloth are items you can buy on your hike. There is significant meaning to tying your red cloth and locking your lock at the top, but when I asked about the meaning when I bought mine, the guy went off in Chinese. And I don't understand very much Chinese so.... It really is such a bummer to only know enough Chinese to ask simple questions and answer simple questions that make people think you can speal Chinese so they start speaking in Chinese like I know it or something. All I can do then is stare at them and make affirmative noises. Fools em pretty good.

Just before entering the gate to head up the mountain.
This was the morning after my hike. This is the North peark, behind me their are the other peaks I hiked to after this. Dang fun hike.
During the May 1st holiday on Nanjing Rd. Can you find me in this picture?

The other guys staying with us, Kenny and Linda. This is at Linda's mom's house. She made us dinner and then took us out for hot pot for a second dinner.
This is the view from our apartment window.



3 comments:

s.mouse said...

Awesome! I wish that I could have hike the mountain with you. It really looks spectacular. Too bad I'm not rolling in the money. I'd come over right at the end of your trip and we could hike it again.

inanechatter said...

That's absolutely beautiful. I wouldn't mind seeing China. Maybe someday when flights are free form me.

s.mouse said...

Dude, the kid standing between you and Kenny's girlfriend in that picture was in my Student Success class. Funny.