12 May 2007

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM!

I'm headed to Xi'an tonight to stay with a mission buddy and his wife. Long train ride out there. Should be quite the experience. I'm looking forward to being crammed for 12 hours with a bunch of Chinese folk. I should get a few chances to practice my Chinese a bit. I'm not sure if I will have internet out there or not. I probably should, but if I don't this will be the last entry for a week or so. We went to KTV last night. One of the nicest places I have been to in China. Just tons of little rooms in a hotel type setting. Each one packed with a whole bunch of Chinese kids singing their lungs out. Marvelous.
Church was cool today. A whole bunch of BYU professors were they because they are on a tour of China for some engineering thing. President Samuleson, the president of BYU was also there. One of the professors that was there was the first councilor in my bishopric. Crazy to walk into church and see him here in Shanghai. Funny.
I hope everyone is doing well there in Utah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The collective 'we' would like to say 'tsao cao'(messy cake) to the whole not coming back in time for our wedding thing. Naw, but we are pretty bummed about it. It's pretty lonely here without you. Provo has basically shut down and there is a general "kyle-withdrawal" felt by everyone. Anyway, have fun travelling to that one place to visit that one guy . . . but watch out for those one things and make sure to come back sometime or something.

megan said...

It's so weird seeing people you know in a different context than what you are accustomed to seeing them in. If I don't know a person super well, but I see them somewhere else, it's so hard for me to remember how I know them!

Cool that you saw some people you know though, so you could practice your English and all.