Girls are my friends. I have a problem with girls wanting to be my friend. They like to be my friend, nothing more. This is normally a good thing, but the more I've thought about it, I think I've realized that this may be because I am something other than marriage material (what does that even mean?). There are certain types of girls that I see coming my way and I'm finding that they aren't marriage material either. Marriage material...? Who says that?? I think so much of it is based largely on timing. I'd like some feedback on that. Many of the girls I've dated in the past - haha, 'many'... like there's enough to be a group that can be referred to as 'many' - of the few girls I've dated, what started and ended the relationship, wasn't much more than a issue of timing. And the fact that I'm a bit of an introverted, egotistical, closed minded doofus.
F.
Not that I'm overly eager to be married. I'm actually very comfortable with my loneliness. I'm still young outside of Utah. Problem is I'm in Utah. If I don't get married for a while yet, I think travel is going to have to be my lover. I get tired of the grind day after day. Really tired of it. Not that I dislike what I'm doing. School and work both keep me thinking and learning new things. But they also tie me down in a way that, not being married and all, makes me feel a bit trapped here.
I'm going to have to learn something new. Kenny, Ian and I are all convinced that we're not terribly awful looking guys. And we'll keep telling ourselves that with each failed attempt be with the opposite sex (we're staying away from our same sex).
This will be an interesting post for anyone that stumbles on it other than family.
I'm afraid that, if by 30 or so I am not bound to another, I'm going to have to retreat to another country. Actually, I think I'm going to start planning for that now. I'm going to save like crazy and invest like crazy, so that by 30, or maybe 35, I can just go travel for as many years as possible, come back to my ruined life, and start over again. Why not?
I'm not feeling negative about any of this. Just a little helpless when it comes to actually understanding anything at all about females and their intentions.
Stoked about the new Radiohead album to be released next Wednesday.
01 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
It's timing. Definitely timing. Isn't it funny that being lonely and being with somebody both seem to be equally appealing? I keep going back to the fact that I can't have kids alone.
I think if you could get more girls looking at your hula video you would not have time to even evaluate anyone's "material".
Agreed.
Finish school and get out of town. Twenty-five is too young to get married anywhere but there. Just remind yourself that once you are married you have to negotiate and compromise over EVERYTHING. Sure, there are a lot of good things about being married, but you are looking at this the wrong way. Live somewhere cool, be irresponsible, meet tons of people, have fun. If you don't do it now when will you do it? Besides, you are extremely smart and handsome. You should be more worried about finding a girl who deserves you! Don't settle.
Just save money while you're out partying and stuff so when the time comes you'll be a bit more prepared than most of us were.
don't beat yourself up about it. I think God's just saving you for me ;)
hahahaa(nervous laughter)
-erin
i don't know if you even check your blog...but I don't know your email address! yeah, we are ok. we are actually considering a subaru (not the outback,but a larger one). hope all is good back in provo! post a new blog already :)
Kyle- It's me Tia. Sorry, I know it is really bold of me to post here, I came across your blog by chance. I have to say, I completely disagree with Cathie. I would advise the opposite of what she has said. I would suggest a serious and thorough evaluation on what your expectations are for your self and your future spouse and why they may or may not be too high/low in various areas. Negotiation and compromise are two amazing unifiers in a marriage. The good most definitely out weighs the bad. I do agree on one point Cathie made - live life, travel, learn new things, but be responsible and recognize a good thing (not a perfect thing) when it comes along. Sorry for that, I am a pretty opinionated person. :) Good luck!
Post a Comment