I'm not sure what's going on with my blog site. I think the it is being censored when trying to access it here from China. Same with all the families. I can't view mine or anyone elses, so I haven't had a chance to read any comments or anyone elses blogs for a while. I can still post it looks like, so I hope everyone is still able to view it.
Just got back from Beijing, had a lot of fun. I went on an orginzed tour with a group of 20 Chinese people. They we're all from Shanghai so they all spoke Shanghainese and crappy Mandarin. Made things diffilcut for me. Chinese people from outside Shanghai can't understand the different dialect here, so you can imagine that me trying to understand is a lost cause. Even though the tour guide was speaking Mandarin, it was all jacked because he would slip Shanghainese words in with it. That lead to quite the adventure for the week, not knowing where I was going most of the time, not knowing what I was going to eat. I had a lot of good meals, interesting meals. I had dog for the first time, as well as snake. Both were pretty good, but I couldn't eat more than just a peice of the dog because it was a dog. I'm not sure the type though. I also had rabbit. I think I had that once up at Sundance before. No squirrel during the trip though. It was nice doing the tour because I didn't have to think at all about where to go or worry about organizing anything. I just got dragged from place to place and got to see a whole bunch of cool stuff. One draw back though is you don't get to spend as much time as you would like at some places, and spend way too much time at others. And you get to see some stuff that is completely uncool. We went to this wax museum place about Chinese history. I would much rather read a book than look at scenes of clay, especially when I'm in Beijing. Our last stop of the trip was a hospital. Yep.
Within the Forbidden City.

The Forbidden City. Kind of a bummer coming the year before the olympics. Everything is under construction.
Temple of Heaven
Oh, and we went to a place called Acrobatics Macrocosim. It was actually pretty amazing. A lot of crazy strong Chinese guys throwing each other around and an amazingly flexible girl balancing cups. Not to mention the 20 girls on one bike thing. Dang cool.
Oh, and we went to a place called Acrobatics Macrocosim. It was actually pretty amazing. A lot of crazy strong Chinese guys throwing each other around and an amazingly flexible girl balancing cups. Not to mention the 20 girls on one bike thing. Dang cool.
The Great Wall was difinetely my favorite attraction. I have many more pictures but it takes a super long time to post them here.
Overall the trip was amazing. If I was to come again, or tell anyone what they should see in Beijing, I would probably tell them to see the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, and the Summer Palace.
Onlye two weeks left.

5 comments:
Dude, I'd post a comment, but you said that you couldn't read them anyway. So maybe I won't... but I kind of already have... Beijing looks way cool man, but mostly I wish I could have hiked that mountain with ya. Looked wicked awesome!
Wow, that's way awesome. That looks super cool.
Wow! Cool. You've seen places that I have only read about and seen in books. I'm glad you were able to place a blog. So we know you are safe. I wonder why they would sensor your block. Hmm
Love Mom
Mom doesn't like your nake barbie.
Bangkok Grill is finally open again. Hi-D and I went last night. You'll be happy to know that they even kept the nice ice pellets. Food's same as it ever was.
Well, I don't have a clue what to say. But I was here. Looks fun, and I now want to see the Great Wall of China.
Post a Comment